Many museums have online exhibits and tours to enjoy from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here to begin exploring.
The Salem Public Library provides free and/or reduced rate passes to several Boston and North Shore museums. You may reserve passes online, reserve in person at the Reference Desk, or call the library at (978) 744-0860. Changes in museum hours and information may occur. We advise you call to verify museum hours before making plans.
Making an Online Reservation
Please note: Museum passes must be picked up at the library. Your printed reservation confirmation is not valid for museum admission.
• You must have a NOBLE library card to reserve a pass, whether you are making a reservation online, over the phone, or in person.
• You must bring the library card used to make the reservation when picking up a pass.
• You must be at least 14 years of age.
• If you owe $50.00 or more, you will not be able to reserve a pass.
• You can reserve 2 passes per week, 8 passes per month.
• Patrons are expected to cancel reservations when they cannot pick up passes. Patrons who have failed to pick up 2 passes within 30 days will be blocked from making advance reservations for 60 days.
• Plastic passes must be returned within 48 hours of Checkout. (Exception: Salem Witch Museum passes must be returned within 24 hours of Checkout.) There is a fine of $2.00 per day for overdue passes. Any overdue passes will result in a 14-day restriction of reservation privileges.
• Passes can be reserved 30 days in advance. We recommend reserving a pass as soon as you have finalized your plans.
Picking Up a Pass
Paper passes are available for pickup prior to the day of use.
These passes include: Witch House and Pioneer Village, Peabody Essex Museum, New England Aquarium, Zoo New England, Boston Children’s Museum, Museum of Fine Arts, and the Museum of Science.
Plastic, returnable passes are only available on the date of use.
These passes include: Lynn Museum and Historical Society, Salem Witch Museum, House of the Seven Gables, Historic New England, and the Wenham Museum.
Returning a Pass
Plastic passes must be returned promptly. These passes are due back 48 hours after the date of use. (Exception: Salem Witch Museum passes must be returned within 24 hours of Checkout.) Plastic passes will accrue a $2.00 fee per day overdue. Paper passes will be collected at the museum and do not need to be returned.
Passes Available at Other Libraries
The Salem Public Library receives one pass per day for each museum. If our pass is booked, you may try and reserve a pass at another NOBLE library. You may check the availability of passes on the library’s website or via phone. Please click the link to see a list of all participating libraries and the passes they subscribe to.