How Do I…
…get a library card?
To register for a library card, please come to the main circulation desk. You will need to show us a photo I.D. and proof of your current address. High school students must show their student I.D. If your I.D. does not have your current address, you will need to bring in something that has your name and new address to show proof of residency. For example, a bill, checks, a lease, or a letter that has gone through the mail. We will ask you to fill out a registration card. Click here for directions to The Salem Public Library.
During library closures, you may request a temporary account by filling out this form – be sure to include a phone number and/or email address so we can contact you with the card number to use online.
…reserve or place a hold on an item?
If an item is checked out or located at another Noble library, you can place a hold and have it sent to the library.
- Place holds by logging in to your NOBLE account, in person at the library, or on the phone by calling (978) 744-0860
- We will notify you by email or by phone when the item is available for pickup and place it on our hold shelf for seven days.
…renew my items?
- Materials may be renewed at the library, by phone, or online at NOBLE My Account.
- Phone renewals require your library card number and/or the barcode number of each item you wish to renew.
…find out the overdue fines?
- Fines may be paid in cash at the library, or online at NOBLE My Account.
…reserve a study room?
Study Rooms are free and may be reserved in advance, on a first come, first served basis by students and study groups.
Call or inquire at the Reference Desk for details and availability. 978.744.0860
…find the book drop?
Our after-hours book drop is located to the right of our main entrance and can only be seen when the wooden doors are closed. Items returned in our book drop before we open will be treated as if they were returned the previous day.
…print wirelessly using MobilePrint?
To print wirelessly, please email the document you want printed to the library’s email address at email@example.com. Call the library at 978-744-0860 to confirm your documents have been received and have printed. Follow the curbside pickup instructions on our Covid-19 page to pick up your prints.